terça-feira, 28 de dezembro de 2010

Is ignorance bliss?



Ignorance is bliss... this is a sentence I've heard quite a few times...
But is it? Does this mean that to be happy one has ignore the surroundings, ignore the world? Do we need to close our eyes to be happy? Because in my opinion the worse blind is that one who refuses to see.
Is ignorance bliss?
This doesn't convinces me... I have a thirst for knowledge, for knowing the world and where I stand, I want to get to know the people I share my life with.
I don't really like ignorance, don't like to wander around with my eyes closed.
Truth can hurt sometimes, but I always prefer a painful and uncomfortable thruth than being blinded by lies, omissions and a boring routine filled with resentment and petty fights.
I need the space to be me and spread my wings so I can fly high and then comeback...
I want to see, taste and touch everything that I get interested in... I just can´t get enough of the world.
Does this mean that I'm unable to find hapiness, to be happy? I don´t think so... knowledge is power... power to be happy...
How can I be happy by settling with just what is given to me? I need more, so mutch more...
Don't ignore what makes you happy, and also don't ignore what makes you unhappy, open your eyes and look ahead, be bold and dare to wish for more, don't settle to what's comfortable and you may find real happiness :)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário